This is Video #3 of our CUCM series, which is designed to help viewers understand how to configure the features and functionalities of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, or CUCM. The tutorials will be fast paced and it is recommended to repeat the videos several times along with actual practice of the concepts described. This series will be helpful for aspiring CCNA/CCNP Collaboration candidates to prepare for their certification.
In this video, we will discuss how to configure Device Pool which is a group of settings and a mandatory configuration when setting up IP Phones in the CUCM.
Device Pool Configuration
CCNA Training – Resources (Intense)
What is a Device Pool?
- Required Configuration item.
- Simply a grouping of settings that can be applied to end points.
- Simplifies configuration. An IP phone will inherit all configurations in a Device Pool.
Device Pool Configuration Requirements:
- Device Pool Name
- Load Balancing of CUCM for call processing
- Lists an order of preference for primary and backup CUCM servers.
- Only CUCM with Call Manager Service activated can be chosen as primary or backup.
- Time and Date settings.
- Maximum audio/video bit rate for calls.
Device Pool Configuration:
1. Configure CUCM Group
a. Create CUCM Group name
b. Select the CUCM members of the group
c. Save configuration.
2. Configure Date/Time Group
3. Configure Region
a. Specify Region Name.
b. Modify Relationship to Other Regions.
c. Set Max Audio Bit Rate
d. Set Max Video Call Bit Rate
e. Set Link Loss Type
f. “Use System Default” will follow the values set in Service Parameter Configuration -> Cisco Call Manager.
4. Configure Device Pool Name and specify the mandatory configurations
5. Apply Device Pool configuration.