This is Video #5 of our CUCM series, which is designed to help viewers understand how to configure the features and functionalities of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, or CUCM. The tutorials will be fast paced and it is recommended to repeat the videos several times along with actual practice of the concepts described. This series will be helpful for aspiring CCNA/CCNP Collaboration candidates to prepare for their certification.
CCNA Training – Resources (Intense)
In this video, we will discuss how to configure IP Phone and the important requirements to complete the configuration.
Basic Required Configuration
- Phone Model
- SCCP or SIP phone
- Obtain device MAC Address from the back of the IP Phone, Box or IP Phone Settings.
- Device Pool
Phone Button Template
- Usually at the left or right of the IP phone screen.
- Keys that are usually at the bottom of the IP phone screen.
- Defines the maximum bandwidth allowed within a site or location.
Device Security Profile
- Can select non-encrypted or encrypted calls between IP phones.